Monday, May 20, 2013

This is love

We came to our special place on the trail. We stopped and talked and prayed and praised... How God answered us. Should we go further? As we started to walk again
I saw the "heart" right there on the path. No, we didn't go further. We stayed.

As I was picking it up, realizing that we were right by our rock cross we made where we always stop and surrender, "lay our hearts down"; and that I was holding a heart that God supplied, that He let me see it, find it. In that moment I saw two insignificant women touched by so so significant love of God, ordinary women touched by an extraordinary love of God and I was overcome with emotions (I cried, I couldn't help it) as she prayed.

Then we "laid our hearts down." We laid the heart at the foot of the cross.

Two rocks intercept to make a cross with a heart shaped rock underneath set in fallen leaves

We then continued just a little further to another cross God made out of trees, where I had laid another rock a while back at it's intersection, which we had noticed the week before, that it is in a shape of a half-heart. She said, as we were leaving: "We did not make it further than the cross." And I said: "We don't need to go further than the cross."

I felt like I have experienced this verse today:
 
"In this is love, not that we have loved God
but that he loved us and sent his Son
to be the propitiation for our sins."
~1 John 4:10
 
Lord Jesus, even now when I think about that moment, I don't have adequate words to explain how it felt. Special, lovely, amazing, wonderful, incredible, marvelous, inconceivable. What a powerful moment. I was overwhelmed.
 
Lord, thank You for the meaning and significance in all this. Oh, how You know me. You know how much this means to me. Thank You for making my Monday a day to remember.
A day when You proved to me again that it is You who loves us.

Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment