Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Poured-out wine

"God can never make us wine if we object to the fingers He uses to crush us with. If God would only use His own fingers, and make me broken bread and poured-out wine in a special way! But when He uses someone whom we dislike, or some set of circumstances to which we said we would never submit, and makes those the crushers, we object. We must never choose the scene of our own martyrdom. If ever we are going to be made into wine, we will have to be crushed; you cannot drink grapes. Grapes become wine only when they have been squeezed." (O. Chambers)

More often than not, when things don't go as I expected, when circumstances are of those that I never would choose for myself, my tendency is to object. When I cannot "see" a situation changing or what can be with God, I get discouraged. And after reading this I feel like saying, I am sorry. Then, I don't understand, I don't like it, followed by I am sorry again. I am sorry that I don't let God "squeeze" me without me objecting lot of times. I am sorry that I cannot go without my understanding, trusting God and liking it. I realize that I am not living life in faith, but in my own understanding in times and am giving the enemy an opportunity. Which I know not to do.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths."
~Proverbs 3:5,6

Lord, may I acknowledge You in all my ways. Thank You for making my path straight. Lord, I do not choose the scene of my own martyrdom. May I trust You with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding.

Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment