Friday, September 20, 2013

Music

And there is one more quote I saw in a movie this week (seems that this is a quote week), that made me think also... "Without music...life would be a mistake." Even though I don't agree exactly, I know what they mean. Life without God would be a mistake, I would say. And all the things He created. Like music. The way music can comfort, heal, encourage, speak to, lift up, give joy, feels like God Himself.

I am sure you can tell how much I like music through my posts. So, today in honor of music, in honor of God, I would like to post two songs. One in keeping with the "holiness" theme and the other for worship. And I would like use lyrics from an Abba song.

So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me

O God, thank You for music, for giving it to us. Thank You for Jesus, for giving Him to us.
 
 
The whole earth is filled with Your glory, O God.
 
"And behold, the glory of the God of Israel was coming from the east.
And the sound of his coming was like the sound of many waters,
and the earth shone with his glory."
~Ezekiel 43:2
 
 
It's all about You, Jesus.
 
When the music fades, all is stripped away, and I simply come and say...

"The Lord is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him."
~Exodus 15:2a,b

"I will praise the name of God with a song;"
~Psalm 69:30
 
Lord, may we sing to You, let us come into Your presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to You with songs of praise.

"Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving;
let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!"
~Psalm 95:2
 
"And they sang a new song, saying,
Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals,
for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation,"
~Revelation 5:9

Jesus, may we sing a new song...

Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment