Wednesday, November 06, 2013

P40

Yes, it came. Today is my birthday. I am forty years old.  
 
Snow covered town
It snowed today in a place where I grew up.
First snow of the season.  
 
"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness" is the text from a present I got for my birthday. It is my son's prayer every night that "mama be happy".
The answer is LOVE. God is Love. Love is also what Jesus commands us to do in Mark 12.
So, today as I am celebrating I am also contemplating God's love for me and some words about love from Dr. James Richards.

Sign with words Love is the master key that opens the gates of happinesLove is able to see wrong and still find the good. Love is able to see the weakness and point out the strength. Love is able to be offended by the sin, yet tenderly love the sinner. Love is able to listen patiently and preserve self-worth. 

Love cannot be explained; it can only be experienced. That experience starts when we commit ourselves to a life of love. A process begins that opens our hearts to receive love from both God and people. As we give love to others, we become able to receive love.

Love is not just an action; it is a dimension. When we enter this realm, we discover an entirely different world -- one that is not subject to the laws of the natural world. It is a realm wherein one can continually experience God, who is love (1 John 4:16). Faith becomes natural and understandable, for it works through love (Galatians 5:6). Fear has no power. All emotions are ruled by peace and confidence; there is no fear in love (1 John 4:18). It is the realm of the kingdom of God.

Now back to my birthday. I have a birthday wish. I wish I could touch the hem of His garment.

"For she said to herself, “If I only touch his garment, I will be made well.”"
~Matthew 9:21 

Lord Jesus, may I follow You wholeheartedly and may I walk in love. I am making a commitment to renew myself daily and to pursue love-life with all my heart. I love You!
 
Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment