Sunday, August 25, 2013

But only such

Yesterday, again, I said something I shouldn't. Oh, how one sentence can change an atmosphere.

I have told and been told - "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it."

"Let no foul or polluting language,
nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk
[ever] come out of your mouth,
but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial
to the spiritual progress of others,
as is fitting to the need and the occasion,
that it may be a blessing and give grace
(God’s favor) to those who hear it."
~Ephesians 4:29 AMP
 
Lord, have mercy. Please forgive me. "Take control of what I say, O Lord,
and guard my lips." (Psalm 141:3 NLT)
 
"Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;
keep watch over the door of my lips!"
~Psalm 141:3
 
For "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits." (Proverbs 18:21)
 
My daughter brought home this "kitty-cat" from our trip.

Wooden cat with white pedals flowers on it covering it's mouth with it's paws
 
Lord, may it be a reminder to me to - watch what I say...only such...
 
Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment