Monday, August 26, 2013

Grace and Glory

I already mentioned the Hinds' Feet for High Places book, which one of my faithful friends gave to me and I read while in Europe.

I took a journey with the main character Much-Afraid and her companions, Sorrow and Suffering, as she left her village of Much-Trembling in the Valley of Humiliation to the High Places. I could relate to her struggles with her relatives, the Fearings clan. I was saddened by the attacks of Pride and Bitterness and Resentment and Self-Pity, and of Craven Fear which she went through. I have gathered stones of remembrance with her. I experienced her unbroken union with The Shepherd. I was touched by His love. I was comforted by His guidance and the fulfillment of His promise to her, that when Love flowers in her heart she shall be loved again.

"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you."
~Jeremiah 31:3

I witness her transformation from limping, crippled Much-Afraid into receiving a new name Grace and Glory with hinds' feet. As well as her companions, Joy (who had been Sorrow) and Peace (who had been Suffering).
 
"For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord gives grace and glory;
No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly."
~Psalm 84:11 NASB
 
"The Lord God is my strength,
And He has made my feet like hinds’ feet,
And makes me walk on my high places."
~Habakkuk 3:19 NASB
 
I, too, was transformed by this allegory.

Lord Jesus, the Chief Shepherd, thank You for helping me understand the hard places I experience. Thank You that You are at work in my life. Thank You for Your mercy. For Your grace and glory, favor and honor. For Your faithfulness. For Your everlasting love.

Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment