Monday, October 14, 2013

Another kind of love

I saw a movie inspired by a Nicolas Sparks novel and I liked one of the lines about love. 

There is another kind of love, one that gives you the courage to be better than you are, not less than you are, one that makes you feel that anything is possible.

It made me think of God. How His love changed me, gave me courage to be better, made me believe, made me feel that anything is possible. It also reminded me of another Sparks' novel that was made into a movie that has my favorite quote in it.

"I am no one special; just a common man with common thoughts. I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who've ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and for me, that has always been enough."

It makes me go, ohhhh, that a man would say that. It is what God commands also.

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart
and with all your soul and with all your strength
and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself."
~Luke 10:27
 
The challenge is the "and for me, that has always been enough" part. Really knowing God, "tasting" that He is good and that being completely enough in every moment of every day. His love is enough. And if we feel like it isn't, we don't know Him completely yet, I think.

Lord, may I really know You. Your love is enough.
 
I think of Paul and how God's love changed him. And as the character in a movie confessed his love for his love, I marvel at what Paul confessed as a man, as a male. He knew God and was able to say:
 
"I have been crucified with Christ.
It is no longer I who live,
but Christ who lives in me.
And the life I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God,
who loved me and gave himself for me."
~Galatians 2:20
 
The same goes for Abraham, Moses, David, etc.

Lots of songs were written about that kind of love. Like the following words, courtesy of Celine Dion. It makes me think of God also.

For all those times You stood by me
For all the truth that You made me see
For all the joy You brought to my life
For all the wrong that You made right
For every dream You made come true
For all the love I found in You
I'll be forever thankful
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through, through it all

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith because You believed
I'm everything I am
Because You loved me

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, You gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had Your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day You gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by You

You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining Your love into my life
You've been my inspiration
Through the lies You were the truth
My world is a better place because of You

I'm everything I am
Because You loved me

Jesus, I'm everything I am because You love me. Thank You for Your love.
 
Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment