Monday, October 21, 2013

Overcome

Perhaps it was my wishfull thinking that made me "see" this song today. Wishing I too, can overcome what I am facing right now.
 

Seated above, enthroned in the Father's love
Destined to die, poured out for all mankind
God's only Son, perfect and spotless one
He never sinned but suffered as if He did

All authority
Every victory is Yours
All authority
Every victory is Yours

Savior, worthy of honor and glory
Worthy of all our praise, You overcame
Jesus, awesome in power forever
Awesome and great is Your name, You overcame

Power in hand speaking the Father's plan
You're sending us out, light in this broken land

We will overcome by the blood of the Lamb
And the word of our testimony, everyone overcome
~Jeremy Camp
 
"And they have overcome (conquered) him by means
of the blood of the Lamb and by the utterance of their testimony,
for they did not love and cling to life even when faced with death
[holding their lives cheap till they had to die for their witnessing]."
~Revelation 12:11 AMP
 
Listening to the words I gained confidence and renewed my mind to the truth.
 
Jesus, You were seated above, enthroned in Your Father's love; destined to die, poured out for all mankind; God's only Son, perfect and spotless one; You never sinned but suffered as if You did.
 
Savior, worthy of honor and glory; worthy of all our praise, You overcame
Jesus, awesome in power forever; awesome and great is Your name, You overcame.
 
Looking into the Word I was comforted that...We will overcome. I will overcome. Because Jesus did. So can I. He lives in me.
 
"I have said these things to you,
that in me you may have peace.
In the world you will have tribulation.
But take heart; I have overcome the world.”"
~John 16:33
 
Lord, may I "take heart", may I have peace, You have overcome the world. May I not look to my situation, but to You.
 
"The light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness has not overcome it."
~John 1:5
 
Your light is brighter and it cannot be overcome. Jesus, may I overcome evil with good.
 
"Do not be overcome by evil,
but overcome evil with good."
~Romans 12:21
 
Father, thank You for our faith. We will overcome...
 
"For everyone who has been born of God
overcomes the world. And this is the victory
that has overcome the world—our faith."
~1 John 5:4

Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment