Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Be strong

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed,
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
~Joshua 1:9
 
Be strong and courageous. Don't be frightened and dismayed. But how do you do that? I like how I get the answer in the same verse..."for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
 
I thought of David and how was it that he was not frightened to fight Goliath?
 
Courage as defined in dictionary.com is the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear. I can see how David realized that it was not him who was going to fight Goliath, but God with him and through him. Perhaps that's why.
 
Lord, may I get my mind to a state that enables me to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear, for You are with me wherever I go...
 
Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment