Saturday, June 01, 2013

That's a first

I was with the children at a park, swinging on a swing. Next to me was a little girl in a baby swing being pushed by her dad. She kept looking at me and then said: "Princess?" Her dad said: "Oh, you think that is a princess."
"Wow! That's a first for me. Thank you," I said.

I still can't stop smiling on the inside. It warms my heart. I am not sure what made her think that I was a princess. I had a skirt on? But she was right nonetheless. I am a daughter of a King and that makes me a princess. Even though it's not always easy to see that and believe that about myself, Lord help me to think of myself in that way.

"I am the Lord, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King."
~Isaiah 43:15
 
"The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit
that we are children of God."
~Romans 8:16

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood,
a holy nation, a people for his own possession,
that you may proclaim the excellencies of him
who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."
~1 Peter 2:9

Lord, thank You for adopting us, for making us Your children, royalty. May we proclaim Your excellencies. You are the King of Kings.


That's my KING!

Keep CZECHING IN!

1 comment: