Friday, April 05, 2013

I am...

...fearfully and wonderfully made.

"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
 intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them."
~Psalm 139:13-16

I am fearfully and wonderfully made... I could never say that. I could never even relate to that verse. It was again during my inner healing that God changed that for me.

It's not a lie... if you believe it. (Seinfeld link) No, sorry George. I am finding out that just because I believe something doesn't make it true.

If I cannot forgive myself for past mistakes, doesn't mean that I am not forgiven. If I don't feel loved, doesn't mean that I am not beloved.

What really helps me each time I would fall into the trap of feeling of inadequacy are these words of Jud Wilhite:

"We often think God can forgive this person or that person, but not ourselves. It took me a while to realize this thinking shows pride in reverse, because when you say God can’t forgive you you’re really saying, "God, you are going to have to pay a higher price for me." In other words, Jesus isn’t enough. What a ludicrous statement! If Jesus wasn’t enough, then I guess you and God can start working out what the price will be for you. And what in all the universe could cost more to God than giving His son whom He loved from the foundations of the world? Who am I to dare tell God this price wasn’t enough for me? This is the insane way shame works in our lives. It blinds us to the miracle of the gospel. We feel worthless, but we imply by our hesitancy that the costliest gift given in the universe isn’t worthy of us. It looks like humility, but it’s actually pride fueled by the pain of unresolved shame and guilt. We have to lay it down and say, "God, you determined the price. You paid the price. The price was higher than what I think I’m worth but I’ll receive it with gratitude." That’s grace—a humble response to what God has done for us."

"Pride in reverse?", "Jesus wasn't enough?" Wow! It really helps me to "snap out of it" when I look at it this way.

I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I can say that and believe that now, because if I don't I would be rejecting, denying what God has done and is doing, when I am thinking about myself in any other way. And I don't want to do that.

Keep CZECHING IN!

2 comments:

  1. Powerful quote!!! Love it...and the perfect Lamb of God who was more than enough for the whole world! Thank you, Papa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this was a helpful read. Thank you, Petra.

    ReplyDelete