Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Yoke up

Every time I find myself thinking about me, my problems, my circumstances, etc. I get overwhelmed. It's these words I read that help me "focus":

Our call to follow Jesus is a call to a life that is focused on Him, what He is doing, and where He is going. He should become the center of our lives. His love, acceptance and stability should make us the most confident, stable people in the world. In Matthew 11:28-30 Jesus promised that if we would "yoke up with Him," we would have a life that is easy and light.

To "yoke up" requires sensitivity. It means we have to be sensitive and responsive to how Jesus is moving. If our attention is on our problems or on the problems of others, we will not be aware of how He desires to move in our lives. When He is not the focus, He is no longer the influence. At this point, we do not move with Him. Instead, we often move against Him.

"If He is not the focus, He is no longer the influence..." had the most impact. I realize that by taking my focus of off Jesus, life becomes hard. And I cannot do it.

It happened just yesterday. I let my heart be troubled. Life became hard. I was overwhelmed. Oh, how fast did I get overcome with despair. Those feelings flooded my soul, without my permission. Or did I let them?
 
"Come to me,
all who labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you,
and learn from me,
for I am gentle and lowly in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
~Matthew 11:28-30

Yoke
 
I used to not know what a yoke was. The only yoke I knew was an egg yolk (those foreigners). It was about three years ago that I discovered what it was actually. But just now do I have a true image in my mind of what it means to be joined, to be united. I visualize to be yoked with Jesus. We are in this together. I am coming to Him. I am laying down my labor and heavy load. I am getting rest. I am taking His yoke upon me, so I can learn from Him, for He is gentle and lowly in heart and I find rest for my soul...

Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment