Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I have

I have a choice.

I was already pretty low and then on Friday my fragile heart broke. The unfortunate, tragic loss I experienced magnified my problems and issues and brought even more sadness, more trouble, more desperation.

I could not bear it. It was too heavy.

I could let it take me out, "take over" and bring me down. I could choose to not think about it, as my precious daughter suggested. Or I could choose to consider what Jesus said.

"...Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."
~John 14:27

He was talking to His disciples about His coming torture, his death, and, following that, his departure from them. On a scale of personal crises, this was a ten. Yet He said, "don’t let your hearts be troubled.”

I have a choice? I can choose to not let my heart be troubled?

I can choose to not let my heart be troubled, because Jesus tells me to. Because it is no longer my life. My life is hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:3) For He knows the plans He Has for me (Jeremiah 29:11). For He cares for me (1 Peter 5:7).

There is no valley, there is no darkness, there is no sorrow, greater than the grace of Jesus; there is no moment, there is no distance, there is no heartache He can't take me through. I choose to remember that there is nothing greater than grace.
 
I choose to believe that God is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit (Psalm 34:18). I choose to let Him mend my broken heart. I choose to not lose hope, to not let go, to not give up because I am not alone.

Today, by Your grace I am able to choose. I choose to trust You, Lord. I trust You, even though I don't understand, even though I would have it an other way and would not want this and don't think it is good, I choose to trust You. Trust Your Word as I pray, as it says that ALL things work together for good... (Romans 8:28) 

Lord, I choose to trust You, I choose You, so that the world may know that I LOVE YOU.

Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment