Monday, April 08, 2013

Magnify

"O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together."
~Psalm 34:3

I like this verse. Every time I read it I feel like I too want to ask someone to magnify the Lord with me, and exalt His name. I want us to do it together. Just recently I read something that talked about this verse that brought new perspective.

A scriptural principle says, "You become what you behold." Psalm 34 presents this concept when it talks about magnifying the Lord. We cannot actually make God bigger. But we can make Him bigger in our own hearts and minds by focusing our attention on Him. The Scriptures teach that it is in His presence that we are transformed. Seeing Jesus as He is will be the power that transforms us. (1 John 3)

When we see God differently than Jesus presented Him, we are idolaters. We create a false image of God in our hearts and minds, different from the God Jesus presented. As a result, we serve the god of our imagination while rejecting God the Father of the Lord Jesus.

Whatever we hold in our mental focus for extended period of time draws us and ultimately conforms us to its image. This principle can work for us or against us.

It made me more careful of what I "behold".

Lord, help me to have the right image of You, so I can be conformed to it. I cast down vain imaginations. I look to You. And You are very big in my heart and mind.
I focus on YOU. I magnify YOU!

Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment