Monday, April 15, 2013

My hope and expectation

Lord, I can see it now. I was expecting a different outcome. I wanted things to go certain way, but they didn't. When it did not go as I had hoped it was as if it took my hope.

But my hope isn't gone. "My hope and expectation are in You." ~Psalm 39:7 AMP 

I was reminded of people who had an image of how their Messiah would come. When You did not come the way they expected You to, they withheld honor from You; they didn't believe in You.

My expectations let me down. But I was never to have those expectations. It was my will that I wanted and was disappointed when it did not come to pass. I see the danger in it. It's like I've set a trap for myself and stepped into it. And boy, did it hurt.

But Lord, not my will, but Yours, be done. My hope and expectations and in You.

Lord, may I always see this picture every time I try to have expectations of what I want, before Yours, apart from Yours. May it remind me of the pain and how stuck I would be and prevent me from doing so. May I see the "crown" instead and look beyond myself to the reward You have for me. And as it's shadow let it be greater than I expect...

Metal trap with big teeth attached to a chain
 
"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, 
for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, 
which God has promised to those who love him."
~James 1:12

Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment