Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Burdens

One of my dear friends is a type of person who feels very deeply about those that are in her life, which includes me and for which I am very grateful. But my "burdens" became too heavy as she took them upon herself. It brought great sadness to her and then to me upon finding that.

Lord, You ask us to bear one another's burdens...

"Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."
~Galatians 6:2

"If one member suffers, all suffer together;
if one member is honored, all rejoice together."
~1 Corinthians 12:26

"Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep."
~Romans 12:15
 
...but what if the burdens are too heavy, too much to bear?
 
Lord, for a moment I regretted my openness, my honesty and sharing what I am going through and how I am feeling. I "never" wanted to do that again. But I don't think that's what You would have me do.
 
Lord, help us not to take on something that does not belong to us, that is not ours. Help us to discern and be obedient to You in regards to each other. Teach us to guard our hearts, bear one another's burdens, BUT take them to YOU as You are the only one who can - bear them.
 
And yet again in Mike Donehey's words I, too, hope that we can - Call each other out while lifting each other up and point each other to the freedom we have. Freedom to fail. Freedom to change. I hope you are experiencing that freedom today.
 
Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment