Friday, May 17, 2013

Revealed

I have never "seen", "known" this verse until now as my dear faithful friend shared it with me and it's interpretation that came from a devotional she has called "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers. (Thank you!)

"We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus,
so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body."
~2 Corinthians 4:10
 
This is what it said about the verse: 

"We have to form habits to express what Gods grace has done for us. It is not a question of being saved from hell but of being saved in order to manifest the life of the Son of God in our mortal flesh. And it is the disagreeable things which make us exhibit whether or not we are manifesting His life. The only thing that will enable me to enjoy the disagreeable is the keen enthusiasm of letting the life of the Son of God manifest itself in me. No matter how disagreeable a thing may be, say "Lord, I am delighted to obey Thee in this manner," and instantly the Son of God will press to the front and there will be manifest in my human life that which glorifies Jesus. Our circumstances are the means of manifesting how wonderfully perfect and extraordinarily pure the Son of God is." 

She shared with me that she is trying to see every disturbance, every terrible day, every inconvenience, devastation, etc. as a way to learn and grow and be more like Christ. Her hope and prayer is that her life gives God glory, and the best way to test that is how she responds in difficult times! (So proud of you!)

Lord, I am forever grateful for these words. How true. How lovely. How inspiring. What a revelation. Lord, thank You for showing me this, for opening my eyes to the truth in this verse. May I form habits that express what Your grace has done for me. Jesus, may Your life be revealed in my body, manifest itself in me.

Lord, I am delighted to obey Thee...

Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment