Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The hurt whisperer

This is what I heard yesterday. I want to share as it has been shared with me by my dearest, faithful friend.
 
 
Who told you that you were worthless?
 
Who told you that you couldn't succeed?
 
Who told you that you were nobody?
 
Who told you that God couldn't use you?
 
Who told you that God didn't love you?
 
Who told you that?
 
The devil uses pain and trauma in our lives as an opportunity to speak.
 
If we have unresolved hurts or life issues we have faulty messages within us. And most of us do. The pain isn't the worst part, the worst part is the thought, the message that came in that pain.
 
There is always a message in pain - rejection, abuse, disadvantage, disappointment, failure, sin, sickness, chronic sickness, trauma, loss - all of those things are opportunities for the devil to use those to deceive us.
 
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy."
~John 10:10a
 
Don't let the devil camp out in your brain. Don't let the devil use your pain as an opportunity to slither up and whisper a lie that's going to ruin your life.

"For though we walk in the flesh,
we are not waging war according to the flesh.
For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh
but have divine power to destroy strongholds.
We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion
raised against the knowledge of God,
and take every thought captive to obey Christ,
being ready to punish every disobedience,
when your obedience is complete."
~2 Corinthians 10:3-6

The devil knows that whoever controls our minds controls us. If we are not free in our minds we are not free.

It's amazing that a God who is so faithful can be so mistrusted and a devil who has never kept a promise could be so followed.

Lord, help me to take captive every thought that is not of You, that is trying to exalt itself against the knowledge of You. Help me to compare every thought in my mind to what You say to me. May I not hear through ears of pain but may all I hear come through Your filter. May I confess Your Word.

When God touches pain it doesn't hurt, when God touches pain, it goes away. (J. Evans)

Lord, would You touch my pain...

Keep CZECHING IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment